Start with a tall stack of Guinness chocolate pancakes.
Top with a frothy head of whipped cream.
Pour on the Guinness chocolate syrup!
Optionally top with chocolate shavings followed by the bacon!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Guinness or other Irish stout
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and cooked (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream, whipped with 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Guinness chocolate syrup
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the Guinness, egg and butter in another large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the bacon.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a touch of butter (or bacon grease) in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve in a stack topped with a head of frothy whipped cream and Guinness chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup Guinness or other Irish stout
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy