Bacon-laced Beef Skewers
"The delicious bacon fatty goodness seeps into the veggies and meat, making it a juicy delectable beef-on-a-stick meal."
- 1 lb lean beef, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 10 squares
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 10 squares
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 10 squares
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 small onion, cut into 10 squares
- 5 strips of bacon
- 5 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- dash of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the beef with the seasoning, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Let it marinade for about 10 minutes. To assemble your skewers you will use 4 cubes of beef, 1 bacon strip and 2 pieces of each of the other ingredients. You might have some leftovers, just put them all on an bonus skewer :)
- Start with a green pepper cube, then poke through one end of the bacon strip. Insert a grape tomato, a cube of beef and fold the bacon strip over them, poking through it once again. Continue the layering process in this order (or any order you wish, really): onion, yellow pepper, bacon, beef, bacon, grape tomato, onion, bacon, yellow pepper, red pepper, beef, bacon, red pepper, beef, green pepper. The bacon should end up interlaced through the veggies and meat, like in the picture. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the assembled sticks if desired.
- Heat the griddle to medium-high heat and grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium, and an additional 2 minutes while turning the skewers to cook all sides evenly for well done.
- Serve with a side-on-a-stick to be playful! Just some cajun-seasoned potatoes, corn on the cob and toasted baguette :)
Adapted from Food College PA
geeks love bacon! http://geekslovebacon.com/