Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 10 scallops
- 5 pieces of bacon
- Cherry balsamic vinegar
- Build a two-zone fire using Kingsford® charcoal, leaving one side of the grill void.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on bacon pieces. Cook bacon, turning frequently, directly on the grill grate over the void side of the grill for 30 minutes or until crispy. Remove bacon from grill and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Pat a pinch of dry rub on both sides of each scallop. Place a cast iron skillet on the charcoal side of the grill and allow the pan to get hot. Then, sear scallops for 1 minute on each side in the skillet.
- Remove seared scallops from skillet and lean against bacon strip on plate. Drizzle with cherry balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Recipe created by Pig Skin BBQ competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational.
Adapted from Grilling
geeks love bacon! http://geekslovebacon.com/