Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
- 1 8-ounce rectangular package cream cheese
- 1 jar whole pickled Jalapeños
- 20 Gulf shrimp
- 20 slices pepper-cured bacon
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat using Kingsford® charcoal. While grill preheats, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- Cook bacon directly on the grill grate until it is close to being fully cooked, but is not crispy. Set aside. Slice cream cheese into 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/2-inch long slices. Select pickled jalapenos that are roughly the same dimensions as the cream cheese. Remove stems and seeds.
- Place one strip of cream cheese and one jalapeno piece on each shrimp, then wrap with a slice of grilled bacon. Secure with a toothpick, then place the shrimp with tails on the cool side of the grill so they won’t burn.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bacon is crispy and the shrimp is pink throughout. Remove from fire, brush liberally with Thai sweet chili sauce and serve.
- Recipe created by the Yazoo’s Delta Q competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational.
Adapted from Grilling
geeks love bacon! http://geekslovebacon.com/