My favorite part of the holiday season is connecting with friends and family I may not see often, but who mean a great deal to me. I love catching up, sharing stories, and strengthening bonds of love and friendship.
Take a minute to think about what you are most grateful for this Holiday Season.
Did you know, there is research showing that being thankful improves your health?
“The scientific evidence is conclusive when it comes to mood, outlook, and health. Happy people live up to 10 years longer than unhappy people, and optimists have a 77% lower risk of heart disease than pessimists.”
— Dr. Lissa Rankin, MD
An inability to be thankful, or a reluctance to do it, is not natural and is always a result of some stress present in our Mind/Body. Ayurveda has some answers to this, through the following tips to help balance our physiology and especially Sadhaka Pitta, which is the seat of satisfaction in the Mind/Body energy heart:
- Take time to spend some time in Nature every day. This satisfies the heart on a very deep level, and elevates the spirit and emotions to higher levels so that Thankfulness comes naturally and spontaneously
- Regular meditation is very, very helpful for relaxing the Mind and Body so that Thankfulness flows out in greatest volumes to all people around us after our practice
- Reduce or eliminate harsh stimulants such as staying up late at night and caffeine. Try a delicious herbal coffee substitute instead
- Keeping the body clean inside makes our Mind less agitated and stressed. Do gentle detoxing with green smoothies and Ayurvedic Triphala
- Exercise regularly, but do something you really enjoy. Exercise should never be a punishment, but should feel like a reward.
- Don’t fall victim to the “Fat Free” health craze. Whole, unrefined, organic fats are absolutely essential to our health and well being, and interestingly play a very big role in keeping our Mind/Body feeling deeply satisfied, grounded, and able to be Thankful with all our Heart. Organic Grass Fed Ghee is the King (or Queen) in this category.
You can take the internet’s best Ayurvedic dosha quiz, found at www.DoshaGuru.com